It is imperative to become first member of the umbrella organisation CECRA.
Please find below an excerpt of CECRA’s rules.
1. The admission of new members is subject to the following conditions:
- The applicants shall address their written application to the President at the Association’s administrative address
(CECRA, Boulevard de la Woluwe 42, 1200 Brussels - Belgium).
- The written application shall be accompanied by a copy of the minutes of the authorized
meeting of their members at which it was decided to submit the application; by a translation into English of that part of the minutes that relates to their decision to apply for CECRA membership; by a copy of their most recent accounts including the balance
sheet; by a copy of their statutes and internal regulations, and confirmation of the date on which they were formally founded.
- Where there is already
in the country of the applicant one or more national trade association(s) in membership, the Secretariat will ask the association(s) to comment in writing on the application. Any such comments which are deemed to be justified and/or objective will be taken
- The General Meeting’s decision is final and it is the sovereign body in respect of member’s admission.
2. a) Active members - in principal have the right to vote
members being national trade associations shall have voting rights and the right to nominate a candidate as a director.
- Active members being European Brand Dealers associations shall
have voting rights and the right to nominate a candidate as a director.
- Special Case Active Members (see Internal Regulations Article 2 A3) have the right to vote but are not eligible
themselves nor do they have the right to nominate a candidate for election as a Director.
b) Passive members - in principal do not have the right to vote
- Observer members have no voting rights nor are they eligible to
offer themselves, or propose another, as a candidate for Director.
- Goodwill members have no voting rights nor are they eligible to offer themselves, or propose another, as a candidate
- Special Case Passive Members (see Article 2 B1.iii) have no voting rights nor are they eligible to offer themselves, or propose another, as a candidate for Director.
Board of Directors may determine the appropriate participation of members, delegates/ representatives and their advisors/experts at meetings.